1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiktorin

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by dusan, Nov 29, 2015.

1. dusan Czech Republic

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

That's a very nice alcohol burner you have there. I really like the quietness and simplicity of these stoves. At first I couldn't figure out what the Electrosvit lighting company video had to do with your stove. Then after re-playing it a couple of times I noticed the Wikthorn alcohol stove shown at the beginning of the video. Apparently they made stoves before merging into a lighting company. Thanks for taking the time to post such great pictures and the video showing the company's roots.

Ben

3. dusan Czech Republic

Hallo Ben ,

Wiktorin @ Co. ,Jindřich ( Heinrich ) Wiktorin is known for his spirit light lamps and patents ( 1910 ),
    is also lighting company from begining in 1896 Stavěšice,1906 Svatobořice.
    His company are in WW2 unfriendly take over from Ceag (mining lamps co.) and Wehner @ Co.(metall
    ware).After 1948 Elektrosvit.From time period to 1918 (?) in Wienna I known nothing.

Stove in video had same burner as my stove and lockated his workplace in Svatobořice.I think so.
    Maby can W @ Co./ W for Wienna to stay. ??? lihovy varic Wiktorin.jpg
    I think to,the benzine stove Wiktorin H42 is made to in Svatoborice,is known as "German stove ".

Dušan

4. z1ulike

z1ulike United States Subscriber

Dusan,

Wow, you've really done some research on the history of this stove. Very well done and very interesting. A quick Google search told me that Wienna is the same as Vienna the capital of Austria. It's so rare that you can track down the history of a stove company like that. Nicely done!

Ben

5. dusan Czech Republic

I have some other pictures of Wiktorin's stoves :

Wiktorin & Co..jpg WIKTORIN.jpg

Whit collapsible tank ELEKTRON
    ELEKTRON.jpg
    Modern
    Wiktorin 750.jpg foto aukro

and my uncoplete spirit light,pre 1910
    IMG_0961.JPG

Dunaj = Wienna

D.