Worth more to you, dented or some rust?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by hikerduane, Apr 8, 2011.

1. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Just checking out Evilbay, checked out the soon to end sale of the latest 22B, $400 now. The case has no rust, some wear inside, has the more desirable clover pattern pot support, but has a few dents on the case. Is this more desirable to you than say one that has spotty rust over the surface and maybe a larger spot or two of rust? The dents would be harder to fix than say repainting the case. ???

2. Knight84

Wow 435. Far too much for a 22B.

Rust is seen as very bad to most collectors. Most don't have any fettling skills. They want turn key sales.

Dents don't need to be fixed. Matching paint can be hard though.

Jeff

3. nagant

well I'd say either way would require paint. if you take dents out you would most likely pop some paint off so i would take moderate rust first.

4. mbechtel

It's just like other auctions for rare items. You never know when or if you're ever going to get another chance to aquire one. If you get 2 people that want the thing bad enough, it will go through the roof!

5. idahostoveguy

Wow, 435? That's a lot. Glad I got one before it really got bad. In the recent past, you could have bought two at that price, or a bunch of other nice ones, like 123s or 111Ts, brassies, etc.

sam

6. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

One of these with the straight pot support just sold in NZ on our auction site for $110 NZ I saw several names of CCS members in the bidding list.
    No link as Im not allowed to post auctions

7. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Forgot I had started this and was on a backpack trip. I like straight metal if possible, can repaint if needed. I like it to run good, can worry about the paint later.