X-GK / XGK non shaker jet

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Mark Layman, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Mark Layman

Tonight I installed a DG jet from a MSR dragonfly stove in an older MSR XGK non shaker stove and it ran fine.
    The jet is only just slightly shorter than an original. I did not have to adjust the flame spreader. I assume this could be a good source for replacement jets for the older stoves.
    I searched and did not find any information on this so I thought I would post it.

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Have you contacted MSR about old jets?

3. Brenneman

Brenneman Subscriber

Interesting!

4. Mark Layman

No I have not contacted MSR @snwcmpr
    Maybe someone here has and can relay the information regarding the availability of jets.

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

The availability of old items changes as time goes by. My experience was a few years ago. It was in a phone conversation. Your experience will be different.
    My comment was actually suggesting that you contact the company that made the stove, since they are still in business. That is what I would think to do before asking members here.
    Cascade Designs customer support (MSR) is second to none.

Ken in NC

6. Mark Layman

Hello @snwcmpr
    I don't recall asking any members a question about the jets. I was stating findings and sharing information.
    The jets and their availability will dry up long before the stoves die don't you think?

7. 8R Pete United States

MSR had the priming pads for my old MSR stove and sent 2 to me. Never charged me for that either.

8. butthead

Haven't been around for a bit so the response is late. MSR parts are difficult to source in the USA but Needle Sports in UKhas a large selection including many discontinued model parts, https://www.needlesports.com/4253/products/msr-xgk-expedition-gk-jet-419266.aspx
    They respond fast to orders and shipping was not a much as I anticipated.

If looking for priming pads, I just cut mine from 1/4 inch thick carbon fiber welding mat. Easy to find, useful for lots of things.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fib...ng+Blanket&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313 KM