LUX stove burner photos

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Afterburner, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Afterburner

Just for fun I bought LUX stove without number for a tenner. :content: I try to avoid to get more other than Optimus stoves, but this can be thought to be an early Optimus so I bought it. :p I put some oil to pump leather and I was able to get pressure to the tank and air to flow through the jet. So basically stove is in usable condition. Unfortunately there is no burner head and needle is missing from cleaning lever. :x

In reference gallery there are few pictures of the burner head but would somebody be able to take more detailed photos from burner head itself? I was thinking to make some kind of replacement burner head to stove to get it into use.

Also any information about burner head's construction and measures would be very useful. [-o<

2. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

I have some photos you may want to look at.send me your email address

3. Afterburner

Thank's! I sent you a PT.

Here is more information to my question:

My stove is like this one:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/28144

It is in condition like this stove:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/771

From the burner head the center part is missing. I mean part that is inside of vaporizer tube that forms a full circle. It's the same part that functions as the inner and outer burner cap in more modern era silent burner.

I would be interested to get some detail photos from that part and also measures.

I believe that it's construction has inner tube that goes close to the top plate. Outer tube has those up directed slots from where vaporized fuel & air mixture comes out. What is the inner diameter of that inner tube. OR is there that inner tube at all? :doh: :-k

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  4. Afterburner

Here are few pictures from the stove:

1414000200-Lux0001.jpg 1414000237-Lux0002.jpg 1414000251-Lux0003.jpg 1414000265-Lux0004.jpg

It's in quite good condition, just needs cleaning, new needle and burner cap. Jet was easy to remove, both NRV and pump are working but maybe they need new pip and leather cup. Jet cleaning mechanism is moving ok. Put supports can be detached and put back easily.

In the bottom there is a number 2597. What that might mean, a serial number? :doh:

(edit) Needle cleaning mechanism lever knob was missing. I cleaned thread with M3 die and put a nut to it. Of course there should be 7-8mm diameter ball. Luckily that is easy to make/get.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015