Borde Bomb

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Garth, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Howdy, @Garth ,

No worries, Sir. Please keep in mind that, in the past, we've receive very sincere-sounding questions about a stove, where the OP was interested in getting it up and running again, then, when we responded with detailed information, we saw our replies "parroted" back in an auction description! It's for that reason that some are a bit wary about those asking questions, today. But, please don't let that stop you from asking. We are HERE to help those in need, and also help each other!! Just understand that some are quite thin-skinned about such things. Hey, I, too, have had a few bitches about folks who come here, post once with lots of questions, then use the info to make money, rather than just having invested their time reading the answers for themselves, right here at CCS. Again, please don't worry about such things. Such is life, and such is the way of helpful Stovies!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who's been on both sides of the fence, on this topic)

2. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout Subscriber

@theyellowdog
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. The fry pan lid seems too big in the last picture as if there's a third pot missing. The Sigg Tourist for example has a similar fry pan lid that mates perfectly to the lower pot (almost a snap fit).
    In the Borde set the strap holds everything together but it seems like an awfully loose fit. My set is the same way as the one above so I'm assuming that's just how they built it. Is yours the same as well? Cheers, Jerry

3. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

It's a great little Borde.
    I must get round to posting up photos of my what I think is a Borde No.56 Camp Cooker (or it may be half of a No.36 Sport Cooker), It's a nicely cased beastie that I use occasionally.

Aren't they a filthy sooty mess to start without meths.....? :( ](*,)

Alec.

4. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Well, I hope you are satisfied (those concerned will know who 'you' are).
    Garth has gone!

He asked a simple question and was then crucified. Shame on you.

5. Barrett New Zealand

@shagratork
    Am I satisfied?
    No, this wasn't a best of the "Stones" whodunit.
    Shame on me for calling out what effects my market place? Sorry but if you have a look through a lot of his postings of things of interest you will see our little auction site logo.
    My original reply was a simple pull your head in man, and think how your posts may be affecting your countrymen.
    So I called him out, I thought I did it quite decently,... obviously not.
    But I won't take back my challenge, as on the same day the OP seeks advice regarding shipping off shore, for what, sell our heritage to the highest bibber.
    I'm sorry Trevor, but our auction site is limited to nz and oz, that's possibly why you couldn't find it by searching the sellers name.
    Either way, it is clear that I've upset the equilibrium, so Shame on me, I'll bow out and please welcome Garth back

Remember any day of the green side of grass is good
    Barrett

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

I did not mean any I'll wiil.
    But, I agree with @Barrett that posting a live auction was not within policy of CCS. But, as I said, @Garth would not know that. And Trevor may not know the NZ auction sites.

If I do the research to find a rare item, I do not like it posted on this forum to increase my competition. The stove forum is OPEN to ALL.
    The Auction Watch at least limits it to Subscribing members. A nonsubscriber will not necessarily know that.

@Garth please do not leave, but maybe learn from this.

7. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I thought my comment wasn't negative or to the point enough as Trevor called me out slightly. I mostly felt this should have been posted in the correct area not in this area. I'm not the best expressing my views or putting them into words.
    Duane

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Garth , Garth,

Please don't "take your bat home", as the Brits so aptly say, if you are miffed a bit. WE all get miffed, now and then. But, overwhelmingly, CCS is THE place to be when it comes to stoves, and stove items, and as you seem to be of the same mind, please stick around and get to know everyone better, so we can get to know you better, too!! You won't regret being a member here, in the least, and quite the opposite, really! You're going to love it here, Sir, once you get your feet wet, as ALL of us had also done!!

@shagratork , Trevor, thank you for letting us know that Garth is/was wavering in his decision to be a part of CCS. Sad, for sure, if he decides not to stick around, especially over what I think was just a gross misunderstanding of both intentions, and forum decorum. Sigh..... I hope Garth gives it a second thought, and decides that he can be a great part of this Band of Stove Pyro Pirates!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. theyellowdog

I don't think my comments were offensive. I agreed that this was an easily identified current auction (given the o.p's location and that the sellers details were on the photo). No rules were broken (except possibly posting a photo without permission). I just said that I'd rather it had not been posted. I also, helpfully, answered questions about the stove.

I realize that, in life, people respond to things, and see things in different ways and that Garth and Trevor may have read things differently. I am sorry if my comment was part of the problem.

Back to stoves. @Metropolitantrout, my lid fits quite snugly when the set is packed up. It has no strap and does not need one. The lid is large for the pot, but a good fit for the wind guard, which is on the outside when packed up. Mine is battered, which might be a reason for the snug fit.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  10. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Unusually for me, I stepped into this thread in its early days with,
    . . . . . and I clearly gave my reasons.

I could see the way this thread was heading with an innocent member, Garth.
    I feel that I wasted my time because further comments lead to Garth exiting CCS.

I hope that Garth has read the further contributions to this thread and stays with us.

11. Barrett New Zealand

So do I

And remember people it's the love of stoves that has us all here.
    Tonight is Beef Stroanoff, should have been venison but the kids prefer beef and out voted me.
    20181006_175035.jpg

Remember, any day in the sun is better than the blanket of darkness of a plot.

Cheers
    Barrett

12. Albatross

Albatross Subscriber

Hi fellow stories,
    The Borde has a new home and the cooker set is complete, part of the wind shield has seen better days, but she runs sweet,
    Regards to all

13. Barrett New Zealand

Well done @Albatross
    flame shots please :)

Cheers
    Barrett