Great Time at Newark (2007)

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Henry, Jun 4, 2007.

1. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

I think you've got the idea, Gary!

2. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

Keep the photos coming, they are wonderful. There seems to be a lack of food photos posted so far.

3. brassnipplekey

F.A.O .T.W .....A.Wenker :)
    Ross's Phoenix Phortress , Nicks Phoenix Phreak .......Enjoy :D :D

DSCN2558Small-1.jpg
    Theres no denying that these two came out of the same 'stable'

DSCN2563Small.jpg

DSCN2562Small.jpg

DSCN2560Small.jpg

DSCN2556Small.jpg

Note The CALDERA .. conical type wind shield/pot support in front of Ross's tent ..
    This device put my mild mannered metho stove into furnace mode ..a very effective & nicely made bit o kit when youre counting the ounces .
    sorry no food pics

nick

4. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

Thanks for the photos Nick. As I mentioned before, I find it interesting to see the different design of these tents versus the same era US products. I'd rather weather a nasty storm in the UK style with the rainfly staked to the ground and I'd rather spend a warm, muggy night in the US style tent as it has better ventilation. Climate differences make a big difference what you want in a tent. There is a fellow on the local Craigslist who has a vintage North Face A-frame expedition tent but his price is too steep for my blood.

Where does one obtain a Caldera?

5. johnsnz

Ha,

Great photos of interesting tents....

The Phortress is lovely as is the Phreak.....

Cheers

john

6. Lance

All this time i've heard you lads talking about your tents with a vestibule and now i know what you mean. Gotta have one.

lance

7. nzmike

Vestibule him heap good medicine, Brother Lance, 2 is even better, store room and entrance etc. I do like that dark green one tho, very dependable looking tho the decor could be rethought...yellow and red? I'm sure there are studies about colour induced tent madness...

8. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, here are a few more images from NEWARK 2007.
    These are for the "Lampies", and these particular goodies belong to Henry, I believe.
    Tell me if I am wrong and I will change the attribution.
    Here we go then:

DSCN0010_edited-19.jpg
    At the feet of the Master?
    DSCN0011_edited-11.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015_edited-4.jpg

And, finally, a night scene. I think I was too early for the hanging lanterns to be lit.

DSCN0031_edited-1.jpg

At least they are paraffin-powered!

Regards,
    Kerophile.

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Good Evening, Lads,

Well, it took quite a while, with our slower-than-molasses-in-January dial-up internet service, but I've finally been able to see all the Newark photos!!! Yes, Sir!! Great stuff, and wonderful photos, Gents!!! I'm sure it's not the same as having been there. But, for those of us who could not make it this year, it will do, nicely!! Thanks to all those who shared their photos, and their stories of the event! Though I loved all the photos, one of my most favorite was of Henry, driving like a bat out of hell, to get to the event!!! Henry, you are really my long lost twin Brother, do you know that, Lad???!!!! ;) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) The look on your face is truly priceless!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy late birthday, Ian!!! You ARE just a whipper-shapper, Lad!!! Why I have socks that are older than you!!!! :shock: ;) :lol: What a wonderful way to share your birthday, though, eh? Being amongst a bunch of Stove Nutters, who also happen to be your good Mates: it truly doesn't get any better than that!!! Here's to many more happy and healthy years for you, Ian!!

Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

10. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

No, Sirree..! ;) :lol:

11. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hello, David,

You are correct, I am sure. What I should have said is, "I've finally been able to see all the Newark photos that have been posted to date"!! ;) :lol: Waiting for them to load, all the while knowing I had tons of work to do, was like waiting for Santa to come down the chimney!! I shall very much enjoy any new photos, just as much as the ones that have already been posted. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

12. Lance

Henry, they put that window awfull close to your right elbow. :shock:

Is that a one seater you have there. :roll: :roll: I'd have sworn landies come with two seats ie., driver and passenger. :lol: :lol:

lance

13. Henry

The passenger (Colin) is taking the photo :D

14. Lance

yee gads they put the extra seat on the outside did they. Dang that makes for a bit of a blow when you're scooting down the highway does it not. My passenger sits right beside me inside the vehicle. Right there where your sitt'n. :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe they done put the steering wheel on the wrong side 'ey. :roll: :shock: :shock:

lance

15. hobowonkanobe

Hey Henry, what kind of coffee pot was that? The One w/ the glass upper part and a bulbous metal lower?

16. Henry

I only know it as a percolator.
    Ian and Spudz seem to be the experts on this subject, i'm sure they'll be along soon ;)