Discussion in 'Fettlers Master Class' started by kerophile, Jun 27, 2008.
From The Fettle Box.
Do you have any of these burner washers to suit the Primus #3 burner? The O/D of the washer seat is 22mm, whilst the diameter of the hole is 16mm.
If kerophile does not have these burner washers, start a Conversation with Spiritburner (Fettlebox) and if he does not have them he will custom make them for you.
Hi, I do not have HR washers for these larger stoves. It would not be economically viable to have them made.
However, here is what I have done in the past for my own needs, and for one or two CCS stove friends:
For your situation where you ask for a 22mm OD, 16 mm ID washer.
I. Get a piece of heat resistant non-asbestos gasket material around 1.5mm thick and cut two section approx 25mm square.
2. Punch a hole 16 mm diameter at their centre.
3. Fit your new washer onto the burner, then screw the burner into the upstand from the tank. Hand-tight will do.
4. Take a sharp knife or blade and carefully cut the excess washer material from around the hex of the burner.
5. Repeat the operation to produce a second HR washer.
6. Assemble the burner head and spirit cup, with one HR washer either side of the Spirit cup, and tighten just enough to get a gas-tight seal. If you over-tighten you can destroy the washers.
Your local garage should be able to provide a small piece of suitable gasket material.
Do what Trevor says and send a message to Ross.
Separate names with a comma.