My "new" Tilley Titan stove!

Discussion in 'Tilley' started by Doc Mark, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Subscriber

I rest my case.

2. Cpt.Cook United States

There were never a case from beginning to the end, m8 :lol: ( kicking an 1LB camp gas canister like soccer game )

3. sammonsmx

Fun exchange guys. Enjoyed the read. I have had several Titan's over the years and still love them. I am still challenged by that tight bend the hose takes as it leaves the stove connection. I have used hose clips successfully but still am not comfortable with them. Over time the clips do start to cut into the rubber. The black stuff is self amalg tape which reduces contact between the rough metal hose clips and the adjacent delicate rubber tubing. DSC_2513.JPG DSC_2514.JPG DSC_2515.JPG DSC_2516.JPG I run mine with an EN417 connection so I can use the smaller canisters. Are you familiar with the braided hoses that come with many hike stoves? There are lots of these braided hoses on Ebay, usually with an EN417 connector on one end and a variety of scarey fittings on the other. I recently modded a Veritas Pandora 2 with a decent, safe fitting, onto one of these braided hoses. The hose outer is around 6mm, and the hose is quite flexible, so for the Titan I feel that this should work well. I am very keen to know what thread is used on the Tilley hose connector where it screws into the stove. Pics show the Pandora with the braided hose, and the current Tilley bodge. It works and is safe but is ugly and bulky. Just waiting on some more bits from Ebay....