Newark 2010

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, May 4, 2010.

1. awhitecat

Just a note to say how much I enjoyed the Newark 2010 Meet. Thankyou to all the people who helped me with the two stoves and the two lanterns which I brought along for help with. It was good to get the Primus 210 working. Changing pressure cap seals etc and a combined effort with the pump NRV that I'm sure they'll all remember!. There is still a small yellow flame from the base of the jet indicating maybe that the thread may be damaged there? I think I'll try changing the jet...... The SVEA 123 is still intermittent, however after fixing most other components, I'll have a go at the wick and adjust how far I've inserted it up the tube. Both Tilleys seem to be GO, and the time and effort the experts put into them was staggering! However I now know to check whether it's White Spirit I'm trying to run them on!
    Rosemary and myself would like to thankyou all for making us welcome. If any of you are visiting the Derby area, we'd be pleased to make you welcome.

DSC03724-1.jpg

Regards, Mike

2. ajvuik

ajvuik Subscriber

Yes, Newark 2010 has come and gone, to quickly as usual, but up for Newark 2011 I guess.

A lot will change this year for me, all for the beter I'm sure. Interestingly, Newark sounded off an era for me.

But I hope to see you all again next year, next year.

3. alanwenker

alanwenker Subscriber

We are talking about the same guy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. CWilkins

CWilkins Subscriber

Hello,
    Great photos I enjoyed the lot.

Chuck

5. hizzbomb

Hi my name is Ben and this was the first time my family and I visited Newark and met up with the CCS crew. We came down with Ian and Mrs M who we are like family to and had a great time. I am very new to the stove and lantern experience but so far like what I have seen. The displays were amazing and the people were just as nice. I liked it so much that I returned home with a Bialaddin lantern which I am now in the process of restoring and fettling.

6. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Cool!
    Welcome Ben!!!!

7. Steve Wood

Hi David and thank's for your help with names, photos where on when I checked, so no idea where they went :? :?

1276173396-DSCF1135.JPG 1276173417-DSCF1137.JPG 1276173440-DSCF1138.JPG 1276173460-DSCF1139.JPG 1276173482-DSCF1140.JPG

So again, Yes it was hot, so Linda had to keep getting David plenty of water :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  8. ronnie2

thanks to all for a great few days at newark and all the help given to me to get my lamps going. had them going in the shed last night and no black smoke this time! glad to help henry find one of his wing nuts he lost with my brothers metal detector.hope you have got all your tents ect dried. had three goes trying to dry the tent on the washing line!! see you all in 2011. cheers.

9. redspeedster

redspeedster Subscriber

Hi
    We stayed until mid afternoon and the tents dried champion.
    Pity the kids left the lights and radio on on the car, thanks to Ross and Nick for the jump OOER.
    Note to self don't post immediately after reading Viz. :oops:

10. lanevitt

lanevitt Subscriber

:lol:

11. Henry

Well I'm glad you all had a great time without me.

Bet you didn't even realise I was missing :roll:

12. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, Henry who???

A Friend...

13. Henry

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

14. Petromax828

Hi all!
    Wonderful pictures and I guess that the whole meeting was great too, at least everyone seems to be smiling. Would have loved to be there :lol:

15. Rick b

What a great time you all must have had! Excellent photos and commentary, thanks!

16. flivver

flivver United States Subscriber

Looked like lots of fun. I love those spotlights. Are they from the UK? I don't believe we have anything like them over here that is pressurized liquid powered. Mike...

17. Bom Bom Bom Bom

Hi Mike,

Yes - there are floodlights (FL6) and spotlights (i.e. focusable) both made by Tilley. They also made a variety of hand carried lamps rather than just the more common lanterns.

Others here will probably be able to quote other model numbers off the top of their head - I've included FL6 as I happen to hae one. Would love one of the spotlights but I've never seen one in the wild.

Cheers, Graham.

18. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, Friends,

Thank you, one and all, for sharing Newark with us this year, as always!! I love seeing what you share at this stellar event, and ONE DAY would love for Sweet Bride and me to be joining you all!! As we would have to travel very light, I imagine we'd be sharing the tarp with Brother Ian!! ;) ;) :shock: :lol: :lol: But, that would be fine, too, as long as we did get to join you Lot at a future Newark!!

I love putting faces to names, and seeing long-time friends there, as well as the new folks. Nick, your hair is looking "right up town", Mate! Keep your distance from Master Shouksmith, when he's priming anything, or else you'll soon be sans hair once again!! :shock: :shock: ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

I've never seen a barbeque rig like Presscall's (John's), and it was intriguing, to say the least! How did it work for you, John? Steaks, cooked on such a rig, at a fine event like Newark, seems to be the dogs db's, I'm thinking!! :thumbup: 8) :D

The displays, as they always are, were outstanding in the extreme, Mates!! GREAT stuff, and many thanks for sharing it with those of us who could not have been there with you!! By the way, Brother Henry was actually here in CA, enjoying the Wet T-Shirt Marathon in Los Angeles that weekend!! :-$ :-$ ;) :lol: :lol:

SB and I have already discussed what sort of camp we could pack along for such an event in the future. We're thinking a small tent, small pads and sleeping bags, and a small tarp out front. As for stoves, we'd probably just pack a Meths stove, and call it good, as shipping stoves in luggage is not an easy thing to do these days, and we'd hate to lose one to an over-zealous TSA Agent!! :shock: :shock: Someday, we'll be there, though, no matter how it turns out logistically!! Again, well done, one and all, and thanks, again, for sharing it all with us!! Indeed, "Roll on Newark 2011"!!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride