Newark Gathering 29-31 May -2020 - CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, Feb 13, 2020.

1. igh371

igh371 SotM Winner Subscriber

Same issue here. I think you have done the right thing Ross. It was probably inevitable now given the way things have gone this last few days, disappointing though it is.
    Roll on 2021,
    Ian:thumbup:

2. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Just heard on grapevine that the big York CTC (bike) Rally a few weeks after Newark is being cancelled. Mountain Mayhem the same - couldn't get cancellation insurance so binned it for 2020.

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Sorry to hear that, but I do understand.
    I would like to make it to one of these some time. I do have a wee bit of savings.

4. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Sound call, Ross. Another high risk here; I'd love to carry on working but the travelling public are cancelling bookings left right and centre, on top of which, picking up folk who've come from parts foreign then sitting in a car with them for an hour or two is a recipe for disaster. I had pneumonia after Sykeside '06. I might not be so lucky with the current strain.

5. Simes

Simes Subscriber

@Ian, any suggestions where we might set up a pizza oven?

6. Wim

Wim Subscriber

I had already decided not to risk coming to Newark as hashtagmetoo am on the "high risk" list (suppressed immunity system). Hopefully all this will end soon, but chances are this will need quite a few months to die.

Please do take care, and hopefully we'll all see each other again next year!

All the best,

Wim

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, @Spiritburner , and All,

Sorry to hear about having to cancel Newark. But, given all that's going on, I think it's the right thing to do. I have NO idea how long all the current happenstance will continue. But, better safe, than sorry. Thanks for always being a strong guiding hand here at CCS!! Well done! Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

8. Ian

Ian Subscriber

I can think of a couple straight-off (and might end up on one of them for Newark w/e), but they'd both be about a 250' drive for you. :(

9. Simes

Simes Subscriber

@Ian, :thumbup:

Will be in touch, hopefully somewhere dry.