Old roarer burner heads

Discussion in 'Fettlers Master Class' started by shagratork, Oct 23, 2007.

1. terrymurphy

thanks the simplicity is what drew me to it one knob one cap . The only think simpler would be no pump like the optimus 8R

2. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

@shagratork
    Hi
    I as going to do that on an Optimus 111, Do I have to remove the spindle? What else should I be aware doing it on a regulated burner?
    Thank

3. afoton

I would remove the spindle and the jet. That results that it is a little more work to testfire the burner for seeing if it is done good enough or not. As a bonus you get training removing and inserting the jet.

4. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

@afoton
    As a bonus you get training removing and inserting the jet. Lolololo

5. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Wow, I did it on my 111 and the stove go much better, so much that I have had to do it on 3 more stoves with the same results. What I love about it is that now I know how a stove is supposed to be, so it is easier to read the stove to get the results I want.
    The manner I did it is as others, as soon as the pipe changes color, I just keep going around the burner for awhile and then ,Bang, cool water. I know that I was far away from overheating anything. Moreover, you can see very easily how the heat exchange is more efficient on a clean pipe, as for result of a better priming and better vaporization.
    Thank you for sharing that information in a simple way.

6. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Hi @JP2

I am pleased you have had success with the 'heat, quench and tap' method of de-coking the burner tubes.
    On some burners it is amazing how much carbon is expelled.