Optimus 9

Discussion in 'Optimus No:9' started by RonPH, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout SotM Winner Subscriber

Outstanding Ron! :D/ That design seems to be so many years ahead of it's time. I wonder why they only made it for a few years? Cost? Competing interests of WWII? Too specialized? :?: :?: :?:

Look forward to seeing future flame shots! =P~

2. Kristian123

Why does noone make these anymore?!?!??!? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :doh: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Good Morning, Ron, and All,

Thought I'd post a note on good fortune. Though I have coveted a decent Optimus #9 for many, many years, and still seek one, I could not be happier for your good fortune in finding this stove, Ron!!! 8) :thumbup: :clap: :D :D :D Whatever you choose to do with you #9, I will enjoy it through your experience with it!!! If you end up passing it on, I will pass my enjoyment on to whomever becomes the new owner! One thing I very much appreciate about the over-all Stove Community, is the fact that I know I'm not the only one who feels this way! Would I like to have already found my OWN #9? Without question!!! That will either happen, or not, and either way, does not effect my sincere happiness when another Stovie, like Ron, stumbles onto such a stove Holy Grail as this #9!!!

I remain a proud and humble member of the community of true Stovies, friends, all, in all good fortunes, and helpers in times of need!! Well done, Ron; well done, Stovies!!! Take care, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. hikin_jim

Oh. My. Goodness. An Optimus #9. I figured they'd all be fast in the hands of collectors and would only go for four figure prices. Congratulations, Ron. What an amazing find.

HJ

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Congrats Ron! I forgot about the #9, so cool!!!
    Duane

6. Rick b

Excellent find. Wow!

7. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Congratulations Ron! Like Doc always says the stoves are out there if you look for them. I missed a corker recently but I wasn't looking! You've got to be in it to win it!

Good to see one turn up that side of the pond too - that's got to give a whole lot more folk hope of finding one.

8. RonPH

Thanks Ross. Who knows lightning may strike 2x :shock: and as some say I hit the jackpot, motherlode, whatever.

Ron