Pacific Northwest Gathering

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by teckguy_58, Dec 4, 2016.

1. NW Lady

I am more than ready to commit and send money :D/. Let me know where and how much to send. Norman... MANY MANY thanks for arranging all this!

2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Sounds like fun, learning. I've had trouble silbrazing, maybe I'll bring that stove for a redo, even though it has no leak now. Maybe my torch too to see if it looks like it has a below normal flame.
    Is that a group campsite? I have not checked out your link, getting used to my new tablet, have so many places to quickly access now, going nuts over where I found certain photos on the dang thing.
    Duane

PS: I have a ton of Powermax canisters, maybe sell some with a free stove, keep my dual burner for coolness though. Never could hook up with Harold, he had a bunch of canisters.

3. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

Hi Duane,

It's a group site and will hold up to 40 people.

Cheers,
    Norman

4. teckguy_58

Hi all,

I forgot to add I've invited Gary to the stove gathering. If this is a deal breaker for you fine, but I will not tolerate any of the petty bickering that goes on here on CCS at the stove gathering. The stove gathering is for stovies. Leave your petty bickering at home please.
    This stove gathering will be a learning experience for all.

Cheers,
    Norman

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I may not go, will have to rethink it.
    Duane

6. NW Lady

I am very excited that Gary might come. He is so knowledgeable and so willing to share. He has REALLY helped me and shown extreme kindness. Looking forward to meeting him and many other "stovies".

I am new to all of this but I do understand there have been issues in the past between Gary and some folks.... please.... let them stay in the past whatever they might be. Hoping all bring an open, positive attitude and create a enjoyable learning/sharing environment.

My husband and I used to have a way that solved many petty problems. Each would say, "I am sorry for my part (of the argument". We would NOT discuss what we thought was our part or the other person's part as that would just get the argument going again. We would then exchange a tootie-roll and let it be. ... I'll bring the tooties-rolls!!:)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

@NW Lady...finally an adult in the room, how refreshing. Meeting Gary after all he's done for me would be wonderful. I'm really going to try to make it so I can pick his brain and argue with @NW Lady for Tootsie Rolls. :lol:

Ben

8. teckguy_58

@NW Lady

Hi Mary,

I am also very pleased to find another adult, as @z1ulike has stated, in the room.
    It is time to stop the bashing and let the past be the past and move forward.
    Gary has stated to me he will be there and he will be doing some simple educational stovie stuff.
    I'm looking forward to it.

I'm hoping we can get our Canadian brothers and sisters to attend. There are some very good stovies in Canada and if they can attend I'm looking forward to meeting them.

As seen above one has already started thinking about not coming. That will be his lose.

I'm with Ben, @z1ulike, about the Tootsie Rolls, because I want some also. In fact I think you may need to bring several bags just in case.:lol:

I will also be showing people how to convert their Coleman lanterns to run on kerosene. I have 4 Coleman lanterns the 220, 200, Canadian Coleman lanterns, 321, and the 335. All will be converted to run on kerosene.

Mary, if you have some lanterns bring them along and bring the stoves you have.

This is going to be a lot of fun people.

Cheers,
    Norman

9. NW Lady

I will be happy to supply tootsie rolls to all! LOL :D/

I don't have any lanterns but I hope to have my Coleman model 2 and 2d running as well as a couple of others. Holidays and vacations have interrupted my stove work but after the new year.... I am back on it.

I am very anxious to see how to have lanterns run on kerosene.

10. Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce SotM Winner Subscriber

As being in Australia I won't be able to attend . Let me say, it would be great to meet Gary, he is so knowledgable , I would have so many questions for him. What has happened in the past is history and should be forgotten, he has so much to offer. So let's live and forgett .

Cheers
    Rob

11. teckguy_58

Hi Rob,

Well said. It is time to leave the past behind and move forward.
    I'm hoping this may become a regular event in what we call the Pacific Northwest.
    If you can make it sometime in the future I'm sure all of us would be more then pleased to meet you.
    I hope you have a pleasant evening.

Cheers,
    Norman

12. NW Lady

@Robert Bruce ...I 2nd that notion! There is so much fun time and learning to be had at such a gathering. Shame to let the past keep anyone from enjoying opportunities of the present. Wish you were about 1/2 a world closer so you could join us. :content: Happy Holidays to you and yours, mary

13. SSW

SSW Subscriber

I look forward to learning more about stove repair. Let me know if you might need any specific Flux because I have all kinds. On cast iron have you ever used a nickel rod aka NI Rod instead of brass to repair the damaged area ? I can't bring much because I will be showing up on a motorcycle. But I am looking forward to meeting you. Have a great day and a happy holidays. - Josh

14. SSW

SSW Subscriber

I third that. This gathering is for us stove enthusiasts to share ideas, learn, look at stoves, and most of all have a great time. We all share the wonderful hobby of stoves or are we stovaholics ? Haha anyways. I go to motorcycle gatherings and sure there might be someone whom I disagree with. But I will not let myself down by allowing my actions to bother other people because I am accountable for my actions and if I am wrong I have to make amends for my actions. There was a person at a bike event I forgave him for his actions. I made amends with him for only my actions. Now I am very good friends with the guy. I look forward to seeing everyone. I need to figure out how to reserve a spot and see how much it will cost to do so. Shoot with all of the stoves that will be there I think if everyone brings a little bit of extra food we can get out our stoves and cook up a delicious feast. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else who shows up. Have a great day and a happy holiday season. - Josh

15. teckguy_58

Hi Josh,

Bring your normal setup for camping. I don't know what kind of stove you use, but I'm sure it works great for you. Bring samples of the different flux and the different rods.
    Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
    Norman

16. teckguy_58

Hi Josh,

It is a group site so all you need to do is check in and head to the K site.
    If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Cheers,
    Norman

17. SSW

SSW Subscriber

I will probably bring me Svea 123 Sig Tourist. I know that it cools off up there in the evening. I can bring different rods and flux. But I do most of my cast iron repair with a stick welder or have some items done with a HeliArc. I have used brass, and even a Devcon cold weld that handles heat with success. I don't know if you can send a private message here. But if you can or want to send me one and I will send you some contact information. I am very excited about this gathering and I would like to help and get involved. Thank you.

18. teckguy_58

Hi Josh,

Sorry but there is no electricity at the K site, but I will be bringing my propane tank and I have a Bernzomatic TS8000 torch. This setup works great for the thin metals brass on these stoves.

Cheers,
    Norman

19. SSW

SSW Subscriber

Sounds great. I am guessing that is like a turbo torch ? I don't have room to ratchet strap my little Miller 220 buzz box welder to my Harley along with my camping gear. Hopefully my girlfriend will be able to come along so she can see us stove enthusiasts and have a great time too. I use my blowtorch or my oxy acetylene torch for a lot of things. My blowtorch is portable but I have been having issues with the safety value on the pump lately that I need to get some advice on how to fix it.

20. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

Norman, Do you need firm numbers ahead, i.e. will it be possible to just drop in? its a long way out for me to know if I might have that week available or not. it sounds fun though.
    Ivan