Pacific Northwest Gathering

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by teckguy_58, Dec 4, 2016.

1. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

Hi Ivan,

Drop ins are fine with me.
    It would be nice to get some firm numbers. I have designed some t-shirts for the gathering and so I will need firm numbers as to who will attend and sizes.
    The color will be a forest green. The minimum order is 6. To be truthful I really don't see the need of getting t-shirts which people will most likely wear only once and never wear it again. If you want t-shirts I will need at least 6 people and their sizes. Some are already asking where to send some money and it is very hard to figure out the price because the more people that show up the more the price goes down, so here is what I proposing pay when you get there. If you want a t-shirt that price will go up a bit. If you are a drop in and decide to stay 1 or 2 nights you will need to pay for the 1 or 2 nights please.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Cheers,
    Norman

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, @teckguy_58 ,

Norman, I'm VERY happy that Gary is planning to attend the Stove Gathering!!! And, I am very proud of you for setting this up, and making it happen!! We would LOVE to drive up and join you, but it will all depend on our work schedule, which changes every single day. IF we can make it, we most certainly will do so!!! Well done, and here's to a fine, and very enjoyable event!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (Mark)

3. NW Lady

Haven't seen an updates on this. Are we still having a gathering in Aug? Sure hope so.

4. teckguy_58

Hii Mary,

Yep we are still on for the stove gathering in August.
    There will be plenty to do.

Cheers,
    Norman

5. teckguy_58

Hello fellow stovies,

I just wanted to remind the stovie community the PNWSG is very much still on. The date is August 11-14 of this year. The gathering will be in the Diamond Lake area in Oregon at the Broken Arrow Campground K site. The K site is a group site.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70186

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/...ap&search=site&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70186

Just plug in your starting point and the directions are pretty easy to follow.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...3550c9676d939!2m2!1d-122.1463179!2d43.1341476

There is plenty of activities in the area.
    I'm hoping our Canadian brothers and sisters will join us.

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow stovies.

Cheers,
    Norman

6. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

If I had the time & money I'd be there without hesitation. :thumbup:

7. NW Lady

Oh No! I thought it was changed to the next weekend. The weekend of the eclipse. I have a family event I cannot get out of that weekend! Nooooooooo!!!

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@teckguy_58 , Hi, Norman,

Sweet Bride and I are going to try to attend the PNWSG event! It's a little over a 12 hour drive for us (812 miles each way), but we loved being at Diamond Lake for the one and only OSG, and would very much enjoy being there again. It will be great to meet some new folks, and share the event with old friends, too!! Right now, we have the time open, but all that could change if we get a job offer in the meantime. But, for now, it's on the schedule. We'll pack light, and only bring a few goodies for using, fettling, and show-and-tell.

Thanks, again, for setting this up, and we hope to see you and our other CCS friends, there! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

We'll be eclypse camping in Casper Wyoming Aug. 17-22. My suggestion of leaving early so we could do PNWSG on our way met a cool reception from my wife. I'll keep working on her.

Ben

10. teckguy_58

Hi Mary,

Maybe next year.

Ben keep the peace at home. But if you can make it that would be great.

Mark if you can make it come on up.

Ross anytime you want to come for a visit come on over.

Cheers,
    Norman

11. teckguy_58

Hi,

I'm just putting up a reminder of the stove gathering in August at the Broken Arrow Campground in Diamond Lake, Oregon. August 11/17 - August 14/17.
    If you can join us please do so. I look forward to meeting my fellow stovies face to face.

Cheers,
    Norman

12. teckguy_58

Hi,

Just sending out another reminder of the stove gathering August 11-14 this summer.

Cheers,
    Norman

13. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

I'm going to try to come to this.

14. teckguy_58

Hi Ed,

Great. If you can make it I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
    Norman

15. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Hi this is Bajabum's wife, I will try to be there. I have never went camping by myself, been years since we went tent camping. We have had trailers for almost 40 years, since the kids were small. Just dug out the trusty old coleman lantern, worked like a charm. Wasn't sure if I had fuel left since I gave all those new gallons of it to Doc for the last stove meet raffle. Will let you, Norman, know early August if I'm even in Oregan then, Can't remember how far the lake is from K Falls. Hope Mark and C will be there.
    Thanks, JoAnne

16. teckguy_58

Hi JoAnne,

It's about 85 miles so around 90 minutes to the Diamond Lake area. We will be at the Broken Arrow Campground K site. The K site is a group camp area. There is room for up to 40 people. Maximum vehicle length is 45 feet. So if you are bringing a trailer and need a hand setting it up there will be several up us who will be happy to help and that includes if you intend on tenting.
    If you can make it it will be nice to meet you.

Cheers,
    Norman

17. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I'll be there Norman, bring the pup. Close to when I want to do a bp trip in the Lake Tahoe area, but it has quite a bit of snow still. Friday thru Monday?
    Duane

18. MartyJ

MartyJ Subscriber

Just discussed with the bride and I hope to attend. She doesn't camp and has an engagement that weekend. I will be in a small jeep and will have limited space but will bring a problem stove or two besides my kitchen stoves and hope for some good advice. I love camping and camp cooking and am looking forward to putting faces to on-line names. I live in the Sacramento area so I think a 12 hour drive should get me there is I don't get waylaid by too many antique shops. How are the mosquitoes in August? I have an open Baker tent but can pick up some netting.

19. teckguy_58

Come on up. Looking forward to meeting some fellow stovies.
    Bring your problem stoves and hopefully we can come up with a cure.
    The mosquitoes are plentiful this year so bring your netting or some mosquito repellent.

Cheers,
    Norman

20. Alan

Sounds like a great time!
    I've got Army obligations so maybe next time
    Thanks for setting it up Norman!
    Alan