Pacific Northwest Gathering

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by teckguy_58, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Duane,

Excellent photos, and huge thanks for sharing them here, so the rest of us can enjoy the event vicariously!!! When I'm working in France, I'll keep my eyes open for a Vesta stove, as that might be a good thing to seek whilst there. It's wonderful to see you posting photos here again!! Well done ,and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Thank you guys.
    Duane

3. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Glad you got some pix up, Duane. As members can see, I cooked with the Svea 121; also with an 00.

Can anybody identify that Monitor of mine? You can see how it compares in size to the 00 tin; I'm also holding it in Norm's earlier pic.

4. goldwinger11

goldwinger11 United States Subscriber

Great pics and article. It has got me looking more seriously at these little gems

5. SSW

SSW Subscriber

Looks like it was a really wonderful event. The stoves all working and fellow stove enthusiasts getting together having fun. I really wanted to make it to the event. Unfortunately I was sick from all the smoke from the forest fire's burning close to me. Then I threw my back out, tore muscles and tissue, bumps, and bruises from a little detour into a ditch on my Harley. Bike was fine just a few bends and scratches I fixed the bike healing up. I was thankfully not seriously hurt. Hopefully next year I will make an event. I was reading the comments and I'm really pleased that everyone who went had fun. I am glad to hear that the event wasn't smoked out because I was a bit concerned about that. Thank you. - Josh

6. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

I really wanted to make it as well. Maybe next time.

Ben

7. SSW

SSW Subscriber

Hello Ben, I hope so. It was so smoky where I was I had to wrap the air cleaner on my motorcycle with a nylon to keep my air filter from getting ash clogged. A bandana over the face or if you have refrigeration stay inside was about all anyone could do it was very smoky. Hopefully you had a great summer and found a new stove project.

8. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Ben found a real dandy stove.

9. BillyBear

I am new to the site, but not new to Diamond Lake, Oregon...If ya'll plan another outing there I'd love to give my Coleman 508 (and whatever else, lol) a little workout, always good to make a few more friends too.

10. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

@BillyBear

Sorry but the gathering will most likely be held at Ocean City Park on the Washington State Coast.
    I haven't figured out the dates yet but I'm working on it.

Cheers,
    Norman

11. SSW

SSW Subscriber

Thank you Norman

12. Marc

Marc Subscriber

I might actually be able to make that Ocean City Park gathering. Looking forward to updates on that one. Thank you indeed.

13. teckguy_58

Greetings,

This is just a question for those who can make the stove gathering this summer at Ocean City State Part.
    The only weekend available in Group site 1 is June 1 to June 4 of 2018. Who can make it or who is willing to make it in early June. The only dates later in June or July are in the middle of the week.
    So I need to know if this will work out for people or not and if not well there is always the summer of 2019.

Cheers,
    Norman

14. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Thanks for taking this bull by the horns and ironing things out, I know it's a lot of work and the effort is much appreciated.

Afraid I can't commit this far out, too much going on that would take priority. Don't want to promise something and then not be able to follow through.

15. teckguy_58

Hello again,

OK here is another date that may work much better for some at least and that is Friday September 7 through Monday the 10th.
    Well what can I say if this doesn't work I guess it will be another very small stove gathering.

Cheers,
    Norman

16. teckguy_58

Hello fellow stovies,

It is now official the PNSG2, Pacific Northwest Stove Gathering 2, on booked for September 7 2018 to September 10 2018 at Ocean City State Park on the Washington State Coast.

Ocean City State Park
    148 SR 115
    Hoquiam, WA 98550

http://parks.state.wa.us/554/Ocean-City

OK folks start making plans to be there and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Cheers,
    Norman

17. SSW

SSW Subscriber

I wish I could commit to coming. I just cannot at the moment because I have a lot of things going on at the moment. I will keep it in mind. Thank you Norman.

- Josh

18. teckguy_58

Hi,

Due to not enough people committing to being there the stove gathering has been cancelled.

Cheers,
    Norman

19. SSW

SSW Subscriber

Thank you Norman for letting me know. We will just have to plan another for next year. - Josh