Prabhat, India. Garrett-Wade sales.

Discussion in 'India' started by John Paul Appleyard Green, Jan 21, 2017.

1. John Paul Appleyard Green

John Paul Appleyard Green Subscriber

@Greeley - "All are welcome. Come into the light. Namaste."

2. John Paul Appleyard Green

John Paul Appleyard Green Subscriber

@Greeley - My Prabhat goes back to Garrett-Wade tomorrow. Too bad. A pretty machine.

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

No problem. You're right, multiple lead washers would still de-laminate into separate shims after crushing. I guess I had in mind the bunch of them remaining in the mounting boss when the burner was removed.

Seems a shame that of all potential manufacturing pitfalls - stress cracks in the fuel tank, pump end caps de-soldering, leaking fissures in inadequate brazing of burner components - it has to be something as basic as that to fall short on.

John

4. donnecaidh United States

John, I received that very same stove from Garrett Wade today. After reading some others experience with these stoves I was beginning to think I had made a mistake. However, Mine showed up with presoaked leathers and fired up without a hitch. Maybe their learning that a little quality control goes a long way.(or maybe I got lucky) I will say it was nice to hear that old roarer. I haven't used this type of stove in over 40 years. I had a couple of the little square box type that always performed well. (well, almost always).
    This Prabhat is a little large for short treks, but would be worth carrying on longer ones. I'll likely pick up an old primus for short treks.
    I like reading your posts. You seem to know about all there is to know about these things. Thanks for your info. Good luck to you.