Prentiss-Wabers wagon wheel. Model? Date?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by NW Lady, Oct 26, 2018.

1. cottage hill bill

cottage hill bill Subscriber

As stated above your set up uses a hose the pushes over the barb on the end of the pump. At the other end of the hose is another barb with male threads that go into the tank cap.

Go back over to CCF and ask Dean (deanofid) if he can make a tip for the tank end.

2. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Ahhhh...there it is! Looks very familiar. I think I have one sitting out in my shop. :)

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

I like mine very much. They simmer best on low tank pressure.

4. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx SotM Winner Subscriber

Yup...no doubt pretty cool old stove.

As far as that pump/tank air receiver fitting like @cottage hill bill says someone should be able to whittle one out for you. lol

As far as my stove is concerned...maybe my fuel cap air receiver fitting /pump was a swap out by a PO or maybe a later production run when they were changing over to a better idea. Advertisement pictures for what they are worth seem to show both type of pump/fittings. Your threaded fitting /hose connection to pump is the same as on my little Evinrude and it works good but definitely easier with the standard kind of fitting where you just hold the pump against it. That's my 2 cents worth of insight on that.

ps...Don't unscrew those valves all the way when the stove is running. Not a good situation! lol

5. NW Lady

Good Morning.. Thank you all for the info. So... model 2 it is! ...and now I am on the hunt for the correct pump. Very happy that the rounded tip one I have works fine!

Doc...Good things come to good folk so I am sure there is one out there for such a kind, inspiring Gent as yourself! Yes...working on understanding my stove and getting it running again.

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

I believe you have the correct pump.

7. scouterjan

scouterjan Subscriber

nicestove
    jan

8. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

@NW Lady ,

Thank you for your very kind comments. Much appreciated. I'll keep looking for one of those, but in truth, I've not put much effort into it, as "other stoves" have gotten in my way! ;) :lol:

By the way, I have a little later version of a similar PW stove, and found that one of the "jets" had something thin, wispy and sticky, inside it. I'm STILL working on getting the last of it out!! So, be careful about spider webs inside your tubing and jet orifices, when working on your stove!! I very much look forward to seeing your Wagon Wheel stove up and running, soon! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

9. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

Grease zerks come in a lot of different threads, would be surprised if you found one that worked, or you could rethread it, the put a hose over the end.
    I use a grease zerk set-up to help me refill Gaz canisters on one of their lanterns.
    upload_2018-10-27_12-27-22.jpeg

10. Majicwrench

Majicwrench Subscriber

Should've read "wouldn't be surprised.." duh...

11. LanternTom

LanternTom Subscriber

Sweet stove

12. NW Lady

It really is so cute! Been working on leaks. Hopefully the last leak, which is through very stuck threads, is still soaking in kroil. Till now, the little stove in my avatar has been my fav but I think "Blue Lady" has been replaced. Thanks to a very kind soul the correct pump with threaded tip is coming my way. The more typical rounded tip on pumps does work just fine but it is fun have the correct pump.