Purchasing web site, positive or negative?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Sleepnrkn, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Marc

Marc Subscriber

I don't think anyone reading this thread would get a good impression of this "company."

2. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

Agreed, these sites need to be exposed

3. Sleepnrkn

Sleepnrkn United States Subscriber

Thanks for opinions & inputs! Been busy here in Texas. Valentine's evening we received a few inches of snow in San Antonio and have been suffering from diverse and extended power outages . This part of Texas doesn't have this type of extended weather (snow) for more than a few hours, and it's taking its toll on some. Doing well in my household and have steps in place, basic but functional, in case it really goes bad.

4. Sleepnrkn

Hello all! After continuously checking on status finally received news on status of stove shipment, after registering with USPS tracking to avoid provided link. Received 3 e-ml notifications today saying it's finally Stateside:

Hello Richard,
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 27, 2021 at 11:19 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Expected Delivery By 3 Mar

Hoping to finally be able to post something positive soon regarding the stove, fingers crossed!!

5. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Hoping I was wrong!

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

That would be cool... wrong in this case is good.
    Here's hoping.

7. geeves

geeves New Zealand Subscriber

I wonder what size it will be

8. Sleepnrkn

@Marc @snwcmpr @geeves

Sooo, Gentlemen, I received my package yesterday and it is with some disappointment that I have to say I received POOP!!! While not totally unexpected, I will not hold it against anyone for an I told you so, or laugh at the image of what I got, as I "may" have done the same.

image1_LI.jpg

Of course I immediately e-ml'd them demanding to know what happened, received apology for "selecting" wrong item and that they shall make corrections and send original purchased item. I demanded details regarding location of shipping, timeframe, tracking etc. before having them move forward.

Is it foolish to expect the stove on the second try?!? probably. But I do have patience, and faith in PayPal should push come to shove as they have already been alerted regarding this website, and try anew at a later time when funds allow for a "proper & trustworthy" purchasing site.

9. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Just get your money back and move on. You're never getting your item. They stole the photo from another listing elsewhere, and never had that item to send to you. None of this was a mistake.

Don't wait to open a PP dispute.

10. geeves

Thats an expensive charging cable even by to value quoted on the form

11. Sleepnrkn

Those idiots had the courage to send this reply:

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick reply,return the item will takes a very long time .
    After we receive it then we can arrange refund and it also costs money and make trouble.
    How about we refund 70% to you for a part of product cost & shiping fee
    The items you keep it for compensation and do not return it.
    Thank you.

I immediately requested my refund in full no exceptions!! Also pointed out they’re supposed to be “based” in Alabama so it shouldn’t be such a “problem”!!

Buyer beware of “Xdvson” website, they’re a FRAUD!!!

12. IvanN

Be quick to act. My son waited over 30 days to get EBay involved due to back and forth with a seller and by then the complaint window had closed, and he was stuck with a knock off item sold as genuine.

13. Duck

Duck United States Subscriber

That's what I was going to warm about Ivan. They play the back and forth game till your time runs out. They keep the money and you get.....

14. CW

CW United States Subscriber

Contact PayPal get them involved.

15. geeves

How did you pay? Paypal or your credit card compay generally love to help fraud victims

16. IvanN

By eBay I mean PayPal of course

17. Sleepnrkn

Used PayPal and they've been advised of possible issue since a week after purchase, I may be naive at times, but not usually stupid . I got 'me on standby till next contact, but will forward them all info on these clowns in the meantime. Bases loaded!!

18. Marc

Marc Subscriber

I'm not following. Did you report them as a fraudulent seller and request your money back?

19. Sleepnrkn

@Marc
    Negative, inquired/advised of possible expected issue with the company after everyone's warnings here within Forum (thanks again) and my own gut feeling. Rep asked if I wanted to report them at the time but I asked to wait awhile for results, but made notes on my account. She advised I have 180 days from purchase to do so, so this is why I've been "patient".
    So depending on their next reply, I might drop the PP hammer on 'em!!

20. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Good to hear you have six months. Was that to report the fraudulent seller, or report the fraudulent seller and get your money back?

I still think you should drop the hammer now, especially if they're continuing to operate and fleece others. The sooner you can convince PayPal to stop them from doing such things, the better.