Royal Mail Confiscating & Destroying Stoves?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Paraffin Cyclist, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Beni

That explains why so many sellers in the UK won't ship internationally.
    At least there's one good thing about it - Less international bidders driving the prices up.

2. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

I use Hermes for the UK.

For international shipping, I use Hermes International, Landmark Global or NLPost, depending on the size and destination.

UPS is very good if the buyer is willing to pay the extra cost.

I get the impression that Royal Mail is losing interest in international parcel shipping, hence the obstacles they are deliberately creating.

Terry

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

I also use Hermes.
    Good prices, very convenient and quick delivery.

4. Jim Ashton

Not A stove but similar moan, I bought a Kindle Fire on the bay and it was shipped on 22 November, I got the tracking number and tried tracking it through DHL. no luck, so I called them in Bruxelles, They told me the parcel had not been received by DHL. Decided to wait another week, DHL van came this morning and gave me a bundle of packing in a plastic bag with a sticker "Royal Mail" so the Kindle was stolen before it arrived at Royal Mail!
    The packing inside the bag had an apology on it with an English number, Called them and went through "If you want --- press 1" , finally spoke to human who asked 50 questions and when I said that I was in Luxembourg he said "We cannot handle it" So I am still reading my books about the pyramids on my Surface. What a brilliant service you get from Royl Mail, I'm inclined to write to the Queen!

Jim.

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Did you file a claim with the bay?

6. Edgar

Edgar Subscriber

Sad to hear about your Kindle. Its a shame that most people never know about the Royal (Pain in the @$$) mail taking their possessions for the sake of security. Really I understand their concerns, but at the same time they must put the effort into making it right for the customer after they intervene. There is NO excuse for them loosing or breaking parcels...nor is there any excuse for destroying antique stoves. Once the item has been verified as being a stove...and its obviously not a hazard (example filled with flammable fuel) then it should be sent along the way rather than being destroyed. It is simply ignorance. No matter what their excuse is for doing this...it still comes back to ignorance and propagating fear rather than understanding. There are certainly more obviously hazardous objects getting through the mail. Wasting time on kindles...and clean stoves simply makes people frown upon their service, no matter how much good intent they have.

7. Jim Ashton

I am working with the seller on this but they require photos and their page which permits photos to be sent has a button "send photos". when I press this, it says " to send photos you must be able to receive HTML from ebay" and gives instructions on how to change my account to permit this. I cannot find these settings in my account! so I cannot send the required photos!
    Jim

8. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

There was a stove in the UK I wanted but the seller would only ship via Royal Mail so I declined.
    Before I declined I asked the seller to ship using another carrier but he wouldn't consider it at all.