1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wear-Ever camping pans (and an enamelled tin mug)

Discussion in 'Stove Paraffinalia' started by presscall, Feb 4, 2014.

1. presscall

presscall United Kingdom Subscriber

@Giri
    Thanks for posting that information. Much appreciated. I guess that cup would have a story to tell.

John

2. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

Yes, ditto thank you Giri,
    Our query shifts from Navy rum measure to Army. I of course credit Giri's "WW1" "German" connection to lead me to more info. At 1st, that second link of his had me scratching my head but a subsequent search came back to a link w/more info (in a thread where the SAME guy also posts!). This link is that and source for another view of maker's mark.
    I am sure it is the same maker but a different green and maker's mark has subtle differences (note swords) not just the year.
    oldcupmaybgerman.jpg
    I myself am unsure how to type the letters of the maker's mark inline (for addl search).
    It does appear that the 17 at the bottom represents 1917, if so John's is 1916 or?
    thx omc
    tag @DAVE GIBSON

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. Giri

Giri Canada Subscriber

@OMC

From the link you provided above:

"S.& E. St.L. 16, 17, 18 (with crossed oriental sabers) for maker: "Stahl und Eisen St.Leon" (Baden-Württemberg)"

4. Pstm13 United States

image.jpg My BSA mess kit from 1984 circa.

5. Radler

Radler Switzerland Subscriber

What a research!
    From a Canadian boy-scout mug to the mug of the German soldiers which gave them liquid courage before storming out of a trench in the middle of WWI.

Radler

6. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Canada Subscriber

I have one of the patented Dec7 1915 sets. Took me a while to figure out that if you flip the pot with lid upside down everything fits together. ](*,)
    I never got the fancy cotton twill sack but I did get the aluminum tin cup. :content: