POST 1926 PHOEBUS 30

Discussion in 'Phoebus' started by kaw550red, Jan 10, 2010.

1. kaw550red

kaw550red RIP

This Austrian made stove included instructions which were Numbered 11/27. I think that the 27 referred to 1927 in which case the stove could not have been made before the instructions were printed provided that the instructions are original

Unfortunately I never kept a copy of the instructions

The reserve lid was unusual in that it had a male centre which screwed inside the tank rising tube connector. It parked in a threaded hole of one of the leg housings.

1263138653-Phoebus_ass_opt.jpg 1263138665-Phoebus_flame_opt.jpg 1263138682-Phoebus_reserve_lid_opt.jpg 1263138702-Phoebus_pack_opt.jpg 1263138720-Phoebus_box_opt.jpg

Regards Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Bob

I have just acquired a Phoebus 30, brass, with original aluminum box. The box lid presses down onto the bottom and does not have a latch. The mounting location for the top cap is on the base of one leg. The instruction sheet has been wet and cannot be read. Can anyone tell me about when this was made? If someone has an instruction sheet in English, I would like to obtain a copy. Please contact me: longarm@live.com. :)

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Bob, it would be good if you could post some photos, as we could then perhaps date your Phoebus No.30 stove, and comment on it.

These kerosene stoves were certainly made from the 1920s until WW2, although I am doubtful production continued into the 1950s

I have never seen a Phoebus aluminium box for one of their stoves, they generally used tin-plate boxes with hinged lids and stunning graphics.
    The stoves are very high quality and can perform very well once fettled.

I do not have instructions for this particular stove, but here are some Primus instructions which apply:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/302

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Welcome Bob.
    If the instructions are damp with kero you can improve the legibility greatly by gently running an iron over them until the kero evaporates. The smell is great.

Here's mine with the ali box
    https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/9266

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015