French coffee bean roaster.

Discussion in 'Stove Paraffinalia' started by Matthew92, May 29, 2017.

1. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

Advert from this post here. Can anyone translate that and possibly date it? It has two different lengths of slots so that the height can be adjusted.

IMG_3226.JPG IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3228.JPG IMG_3229.JPG IMG_3232.JPG IMG_3231.JPG IMG_3233.JPG 1423756963-Roester_04.jpg

2. shueilung.2008

shueilung.2008 Subscriber

@Matthew92

The stove appears in the Azurea catalog of 1935. Not so the coffee bean roaster.

Beautyful!

Congratulations

Enrique

3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

@Matthew92

COFFEE ROASTERS

UNIVERSAL ECONOMIC ROASTER
    Recommended for the gastronomer (this is I think an old term, as old as my dictionary I consulted ;-) )
    Immediately useable, avoids frauds (the advert refers to ground coffee that included "non-coffee" stuff like roasted acorns or chicory etc.)
    New, very economical coffee roaster, fits our range of gas (this will be city gas, not white gas), spirit, petrol or paraffin heaters of the AZUREA brand (make)
    and permits anyone to roast his coffee himself at the moment of consumption, to his own taste.

ROUND COFFEE ROASTER
    Fount (reservoir) lacquered, with lid, ball (reference to the round top) pressed steel

The rest shows the numbers for the different sizes (weight of the amount of coffee one can roast in one go)
    and it ends with: Add 2francs for P&P

(the text between () is of course my own comments)

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Wim

4. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

Thanks @shueilung.2008 and @Wim nice to know I can roast my acorns in it as well then. I was thinking I might get some green coffee beans and try it out, but looking inside the roasting ball, I need to find a way to really clean it out well, as it doesn't look very hygienic at the moment, might get some odd tastes in the coffee.:-&

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

It might have coffee oils in it, then it is seasoned already, so if so cleaning it is not necessary.
    Or if not, then cleaning is a good idea.

If you clean it, you will then need to season it.